I set a completely immeasurable goal last May; I decided that for the first time in my life I'd like to be fit. It turned out that ideal required more than a scenic hike of a saturday morning. Though, a scenic hike is certainly more enjoyable than being enclosed by breeze block walls in a spin class.
About a month ago I heard about a race that sounded like it would be a fun way of seeing whether or not my fitness level actually had gone uphill. The Color Run is a 5K, which entails paint being thrown all over you at each kilometer checkpoint. I figured that if I really was going to force myself to run outside this would be the most fun way of doing it.
I was happy to find out that I wasn't the only one interested in doing it, and along with a group of 'Dental Wives' I tackled the course last saturday morning.
Wearing our mandatory white T-Shirts before the race
|
Approaching the finish line
|
Colour Fiesta at the finish line
|
Surveying the damage
|
I really wanted to be able to run the entire distance without stopping, which I managed (though the law offices of Down Town Las Vegas weren't exactly inspiring scenery the thought of the next colour station was enough to spur me on). When I think back on where I was nine months ago I know I've definitely made some improvements. Running for more than a few minutes was enough to bring me to the verge of throwing up back then, but what we did on Saturday was certainly fun rather torture. There's always room for improvement, but maybe it wasn't a totally immeasurable goal after all.
Run a 5K. Check!






No comments:
Post a Comment