Monday, December 10, 2012

FOR LOCAL PEOPLE



Somehow, when I visited the Strip as a tourist at nineteen I never noticed the actual city of Las Vegas; I didn't take in anything beyond the hotels and the lights and the taxis. I'm not sure how I failed to notice the enormous valley of palm tree lined streets and homes sprawling as far as the eye can see. Yet, now that I live in one of those houses I somehow don't notice the strip. At least, not until we have visitors and then we get to have fun playing the tourist.


Since we don't make it down there very often the novelty hasn't worn off, so it was fun the spend some girly time down there with Mum and Megan while they were staying with us. Lucky Dad enjoyed some pool time at home while we took on the July heat.





My favourite place to visit is always the conservatory at the Bellagio. It's different and beautiful every time we go. In a city where nothing grows but weeds I love to see a place filled with an abundance of flowers. Charlotte loved the hot air balloons....





...and Megan was really excited about the Crane's formed from Roses



A trip to Caesars palace and I was excited to learn that there's no need to pay for fancy trips to the aquarium; their enormous fish tank will do the trick just fine. It's nice to know there's something in between the Shark reef at Mandalay Bay and the goldfish tanks at Pet Smart. 

The first of many tourist destinations this summer....



No comments:

Post a Comment