Monday, December 10, 2012

MORNING PEOPLE: SO I REMEMBER



I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination but there's something about cute little teeth and big morning hair that makes it much easier to get out of bed in the morning. Charlotte is a seriously early riser but to my relief she'll chat to her doll while I transition from sleep to waking. She also takes a moment to take off her pyjama bottoms and throw them on the floor.

Upon seeing her bedroom door open she jumps up and shouts 'Hi!' while she laughs to herself showing off those gappy teeth. I reach out to pick her up and she thrusts her doll into my arms; I say a quick hello to baby stella and then Charlotte will let me pick her up. She'll hug me for about half a second and then she starts reaching for her blanket. She refuses to have her nappy changed unless she's holding it. She holds it across her face and I pretend I don't know where she is while she's tucked underneath it.

Then downstairs to breakfast. Of course, we can't possibly go downstairs unless she has her blanket in one hand and her doll in the other. It dawns on her that she can't walk down the stairs so ladened down and then comes the 'gig ah' which translates to 'pick up.' The blanket gets hung on the back of her chair, and the doll waits for her on the sofa. Breakfast is a mess of yogurt and smashed berries and spilled juice.

I'll never be a morning person but thanks to this face I'm learning that it's not so bad to be an early riser.

No comments:

Post a Comment