It is a sad truth that our evenings for the past six months can be summed up with these two pictures:
Ryan took part one of the Dental Boards exam a few weeks ago and, as exhibit A testifies, he passed (with flying colours I'm sure). That piece of paper tells the story of what he's been doing with the majority of his free time in the months leading up the exam- nothing but studying!
Exhibit B tells the story of what I did with my time while Ryan was holed up with a stack of flash cards- I got out a set of acrylics for the first time since I was in high school and chose an overly ambitious project to work on.
While Ryan spent the months worrying that he'd never be ready in time for the examination, I spent my time wondering whether or not I'd ever finish the impossible painting I'd started.
Thankfully, June has arrived. Boards are over. The painting is done. The flash cards and the acrylics are back in a cupboard (at this point I never want to see either of them ever again) and as far as I'm concerned that beautiful peach piece of paper can have a place on the wall right next to the canvas.




No comments:
Post a Comment