Monday, December 10, 2012

A LESSON IN BORING


Intrigued by the giant metal turtles, and invitations to 'explore' that line the 95, we visited the Springs Preserve. It was a saturday long ago when Charlotte was still in her infant days of sleeping through our outings, only on that occasion Ryan and I were on the verge of sleeping through the outing ourselves. A tour of the Springs Preserve was about as fun as a long day at Epcot as far as we were concerned. 

I didn't see it coming but, in a bid to keep an active 18 month old as busy as she likes to be, I found myself roaming around the Springs Preserve once again. The place may not of captivated me on my first trip, but I hadn't learned yet that nothing is boring through the eyes of a toddler. Actually, as far as Charlotte's concerned the little desert oasis might as well be wonderland. 



The pouty face is really on 'Ooooh'

I found a cute little park that we hadn't noticed the first time around. Complete with toy trains, oversized butterflies, giant snakes, and enormous dinosaur bones- Charlotte didn't know where to begin. 

Building her own little foam high street

Aboard a pretend train with pretend people and pretend scenery


Still taking the push chair everywhere whilst Charlotte still
refuses to sit in it

I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what to do to keep Charlotte busy and learning and having fun. Then it occurs to me- if the most boring place in town is this much fun for her, I probably don't need to put so much effort into fretting about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment