Sunday, December 9, 2012

HERE COMES THE SUN


Vegas is growing on me, very slowly and steadily. One thing that I definitely enjoy are the mild winters. The second week of March and winter is over here; it's been spring for at least a week now. In fact, it's pretty much summer weather already if you grew up in England. I know everyone else is still wearing jeans and jackets, but if I still lived in Knaresborough, and we were blessed with the sunshine and temperatures (25.5 degrees C/ 78 degrees F) we've been enjoying here, I'd be out rowing a boat on the river Nidd, and going to Ripley to get the perfect soft serve ice cream with a chocolate flake.

Unfortunately, there is no quaint river with a viaduct stretching across it in this desert valley, but we do have our patio, so we're making the most of this perfect getting outdoors weather in the few short weeks that it lasts. Thankfully, Charlotte's new toy came with a trusty umbrella, so hopefully we can still enjoy being outside even when the real summer sun arrives in all its scorching glory.








No viaduct, or castle overlooking the river, but I'd say I still have a rather beautiful view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment