We don't often see many of Ryan's friends from high school, but any time we do they're always amazed if he's not wearing a plain white T-shirt. He had his own school uniform of white T-shirt and tight, frayed jeans, which apparently he wore every day without fail. I'm pretty sure his peers didn't catch on, but as far as Ryan was concerned he was making a stand through his T-Shirts. No labels, no free advertising emblazoned across his chest, more money for guitar strings.
Not much has changed really. His shopping habits are a drawn out affair of repeated trips to the same shop to look at the same plain t-shirt, followed by much thought and reflection before he'll finally take the plunge and spend the $10. He won't be fooled by offers of the more you spend the more you save- he sees straight through that one. His motto is 'The more you spend, the more you spend" and he's not shy about sharing it with sales clerks either.
So when he came home the other day and said he'd found a song that he just really connected with I was more than surprised to find out that it was a song about spending money on clothes. I'm still not really sure what it means to 'pop some tags' but this is Ryan's new theme tune, and I'm fairly certain he'll be singing it at the top of his lungs the next time I drag him to Gap.




No comments:
Post a Comment