Scary cute that is:
Last year for Halloween I made Charlotte a cupcake costume, because I thought making my own would be cheaper than buying one. Wrong! Turns out all that hot glue, felt and rick-rack adds up pretty quickly. So, this year I opted to skip the burnt finger-tips and just buy a costume since the bill would no doubt be the same either way.
A couple of weeks before Halloween and Charlotte had her pick of costumes at the Disney Store. After much deliberation she selected a Mulan dress, handed it to the cashier herself, and proudly carried her Disney bag to the car. When we got home we tried on the dress, all smiles. No sooner had we fastened it up than Charlotte was bawling and begging me to take it off. We had a little talk, even tried a little bribery, but Charlotte was determined that there was no way she was wearing the dress she'd carefully selected.
Fast forward to the day before Halloween. Charlotte had been adamant she wouldn't be wearing a costume. When people would ask her what she'd be wearing she'd tell them she wasn't 'going fancy.' And then, the day before Trunk or Treat she told me she was going to be Titan (the bad guy from Megamind) for Halloween. Daddy was apparently going to be Megamind himself, Mummy was going to be the precocious Roxanne Richie and Charlotte was going to be 'Titan, with a red cape.'
The day before Halloween...really?! Dreamworks costumes don't exactly grow on trees. Not much I could do with 24 hours notice but I didn't want to be the proverbial bad guy, so Charlotte got one more chance to pick a costume. She tried really hard to find a Titan costume...I'm talking several loops around the shop...but in the end she settled on Pink Pirate girl.
Not quite the abominable super villain she was hoping to be...but I'll take cute and pink and shiny over evil overlord any day







so funny! I can just imagine Ryan being Megamind haha
ReplyDelete