Friday, September 13, 2013

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR...

When Ryan enlisted I knew the fine print- the fitness tests, the six week bootcamp, the possibility of him spending six months on an aircraft carrier at some remote location in the Pacific- but, since I was new to the whole military spouse role, I didn't know about the perks that would come along with my new I.D. card. Ten percent discounts here, fifteen percent discounts there; I might not be so excited about it when Ryan's out at sea but for now it's pretty cushty. Especially cushty were Disney's military tickets this summer and Charlotte, my Mum and I didn't need much persuading. We left Ryan to his finals and headed off in search of the  happiest place on earth.

I'm not sure how Charlotte became so besotted with Minnie Mouse. I think maybe it stems back to a giggling toy she got last Christmas; wherever it began, Minnie is definitely Charlotte's firm favourite.   Grandma had been counting down the days with her until she'd meet her most loved mouse and Charlotte couldn't stop talking about it. As we walked through the gates at Disneyland she was saying, "I go see Minnah Mouse, I go ride on the train, ok?' She'd pretty much been saying it all week, and happily, who should we see the moment we arrived? The mouse in Red and White herself! 

Charlotte didn't know what to do with herself. She went with jumping up and down shrieking 'It's Minnah Mouse!!' Unfortunately we arrived at the queue just in time for Minnie to take a water break but now we know that Minnie is the one thing Charlotte will wait patiently for and after five minutes of 'Where'd she go?' we were at the front of the line upon her return. Charlotte gave her a huge hug, eventually decided it was ok to let go, and then proceeded to just stare and smile and go in for another hug. We finally persuaded her to turn around for a picture:

Happy as a clam

Since the next thing on Charlotte's to-do list was a train ride we hit that up next, doing a loop of the park while Charlotte jabbered on about Minnie and trains and 'it's ok Mummy- I don't want to be scared' as we went through the tunnels. Next up was Pirates of the Caribbean since boats are almost as fun as trains. We re-surfaced just in time for the fireworks to go off. The crowd was ridiculous so we decided it was a good time to call it a night since we had two full days of Minnie Mouse hunting ahead of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment