Who needs an alarm clock when you're sharing a bed with Charlotte? She was raring to go at the crack of dawn. We headed to California adventure this time since my Mum and I wanted to catch Tower of Terror before the queue got ridiculously long. Thankfully, there was barely a line at all which boded well since we had to take it in turns going by ourselves; the lack of queue made it distinctly less embarrassing to be the lonely rider!
Charlotte and Grandma checking out the 'Bugs Life' rides while I went on the Tower of Terror:
Cars land: Charlotte was beyond impressed with seeing Lightning McQueen doing a drive-by:
Cars land was brilliant- it was like stepping onto a film set of the move, if there was one. They didn't miss a single detail. Despite her usual Grumpus face Charlotte really was impressed. My favourite was the Mater Tractor ride which I would of happily ridden all day...
...but Charlotte's favourite was the "Caterpillow" ride in Bug's land, so we keep finding ourselves back there. And when we weren't riding the caterpillow we were being asked if we could ride the caterpillow:
When we spotted Woody across the way Charlotte freaked out, she was so excited, so I figured we'd queue up to meet him. She spent the time in the line clapping, and jumping up and down, and saying "It's Woooody!!" repeatedly, whilst trying to squeeze past the kids ahead of us. When we finally got the the front of the queue she ran forward, gave him a big high five and then.. panicked. It suddenly dawned on her than Woody was three times bigger than a normal human being and she wasn't quite sure what to do with herself. We managed to get a picture, but she wasn't happy about it, and she certainly wasn't getting any closer:
I think everyone's favourite part of the day was watching the Parade, not something I've taken the time to do since I was a little kid, but with a toddler its way more fun than anything else at the park. Grandma and I just loved watching Charlotte's sweet, happy, face:
She got lots of special attention, Princesses waving right at her...
Pirates stopping to say hello...and I'm pretty sure the Asian couple sitting next to us spent more time filming Charlotte than the parade
Charlotte went and went and went all day long, no resting, no napping, no relaxing. We arrived back at the hotel a little before 10 pm; the walk back in the dark was just enough the lull her to sleep. She was out for the count. We got her changed, ready for bed, and tucked in without her even so much as opening her eyes. I guess that's what a fun day at Disneyland will do for you!















Aw so cute. Max was reading this with me pointing at the screen and making his 'there they are' noise. So glad he recognises you! X
ReplyDelete