It's not really news- I'm a big geek. In High School the more I could do to hide that, the better (although braces and big frizzy hair made that pretty difficult), but one of the beauties of being a grown up is that it doesn't matter anymore; I can be as geeky as I want. I can embrace my glasses, my Invisalign, and my inner book nerd, and I don't mind what anybody has to say about it.
While we were in England I enjoyed some serious book nerd time when we took the Harry Potter Studios Tour. It was magical!
Like mother, like daughter. Charlotte spent most of her time walking around with her nose stuck in a book. She was given a 'Passport' where she could check off hidden Golden Snitches once she spotted them...only we couldn't get her to look up, she was so busy doodling:
The famous cupboard under the stairs:
Inside the Great Hall at Hogwarts:
All this to look at and what is she doing?
The sets were pretty amazing. We were all surprised by how many of them were more optical illusion that actual set:
Trying out some Butterbeer with Grandma and Grandad...
...only once Charlotte had a taste no-one else got a look in
And the grand Finale...mini Hogwarts in all its detailed glory:
It's not that mini, really
This is the look we get when she's had enough:
The only question is...when can we go again?!

























No comments:
Post a Comment