Sunday, November 10, 2013

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

We were very spoiled in September. We were invited to join my sister, Rebecca, and her family on their holiday in Florida, an offer we couldn't refuse! Charlotte was excited to go on an aeroplane. Ryan was excited to visit the place he lived and loved as a kid. And we were all excited to see family; it was a very highly anticipated trip!



We'd been telling Charlotte for weeks that we were going to see some Alligators in Florida and she wasn't about to let us forget it; every time we went anywhere she'd ask where the Alligators were- it turns out that they aren't standing on every corner, not even in Florida. Enter: a day at Gatorland! 






When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to pay a little extra to wrestle one of the 'gators. Of course, Ryan immediately threw caution to the wind and signed right up! Did he wan't to wrestle with an Alligator? Does the sun rise in the East? I, on the other hand, was a little more reserved. It was a lot to consider.  Was I willing to risk losing a hand? Possibly an arm? Did the alligator in question have all of it's teeth? Was it slow and decrepit? In the end I, very nervously, decided to take the plunge. How often do you get asked if you want to wrestle an Alligator, after all? 

It turned out that I didn't need to be so nervous. When they asked 'do you want to wrestle an Alligator' the question should have really been, 'Would you like to sit gently on an Alligator whose mouth is duct taped closed, while heavily supervised, for three seconds?' I should of been relieved, since in my head they really were about to unleash a full on Alligator on me, but somehow I was a little disappointed I wasn't about to get my face ripped off.


On the up-side Charlotte got to have a turn too..


...and Ryan almost got to live the dream


Let the Florida experience begin!




1 comment: